June 22, 2011

Unanswered Prayers

God's plan is bigger then my plan.
God's grace is bigger then my mistakes.
God's love is bigger then my comprehension.

These past few months I have been understanding deeper that my picture is part of a bigger picture. My life is not my own. My thoughts are not my thoughts. His ways are bigger and better than even my best. So for that reason alone, I am thankful and blessed for unanswered prayers. I'm so thankful that I don't plan my future on what I think is best. My favorite prayer is thanking God for allowing His plan to supersede my foolish thoughts of what I need. He knows my heart. He knows my whole heart better then I even I do..
So often with unanswered prayers I learn more of God's love for me then when I receive what I think I want. I don't know what is best for me. That is what I learn daily. That I must die to my desires, DAILY, to understand God's unwavering love.
Though it is hard to admit my prayers are so often for my selfish desires. I so often find myself praying for things that would bring me what I want, rather then what God wants. I know that God only wants the best for me, so why do I tend to think that if I pray with self-seeking motives I will get what I desire?
This is a learning process for me and I'm thankful that Jesus doesn't look at me any differently. He loves me the same. He gave Himself for me, I'm gearing my praying to what HE wants from my life. Not what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I love Jesus, He's the best thing about me. I could go on and on about His greatness but my words will just fall short. So I'll leave it at that.. He has blessed me beyond belief and I try to live everyday being thankful, which is harder than I would like to admit. I love being outside, being with family & friend, quite time with my Bible, and I love some good worship! The color is yellow always makes me happy.